"WHO STOLE THE TARTS?": Alice in Wonderland, Chap. 11

"WHO STOLE THE TARTS?":                               Alice in Wonderland, Chap. 11
From Arthur Rackham's illustrations (1907) to Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", 1865

lunedì 15 marzo 2010

Next classes: 17th and 18th March 2010 + Info Session on Nova Southeastern University (NSU) Dual Degree & Study Abroad Program

Dear all,

on Wednesday and Thursday we are going to:

1) deepen the problem of equity in legal history at hand of "The Merchant of Venice";
2) discuss together the problem of interdisciplinarity at hand of the following article:
J.M. Balkin/S. Levinson, Law and the Humanities: An Uneasy Relationship, in "Yale Journal of Law and the Humanities", 18 (2006), pp. 155-186. You should read the article before Wenesday's class;
3) have an overview of the Law and Literature trands in Europe, with particular focus on Germany and Italy.

On Thursday 18th there is an important event at our University you could be interested in. This event takes place at 10:30. That's why our classes schedule is still a bit uncertain. You should come as usual at 10:00, room 4 for the Law and the Humanities course and then we can go together to the following event:

10:30, Room8:

Info Session on our Nova Southeastern University (NSU) Dual Degree & Study Abroad Program.
(Prof. Catherine Arcabascio, NSU).

At 12:30, there is another event oganized by ELSA: "Free Legal Defense and DNA Evidence in Criminal Trials: AComparison Italy - USA."

14 commenti:

  1. As I see it, it could be very interesting to get a Dual Degree with an american university!
    Flavia Famà

    RispondiElimina
  2. I would like to thank Flavia for the info about the Theater but I am not be able to come. I apologize for answering on the blog but I lost your e-mail address.
    To Dr Gialdroni: could it be possible to have the Power Point slides of Professor Skeel? At last I was too involved and I forgot to add some detailes about rhe three strands.
    Thank you anyway for answering.

    RispondiElimina
  3. I completely agree with Paola in asking Dr Gialdroni the Power Point presentation...
    Could you enclose in a mail?
    Thanks a lot,

    Flavia Mancini

    RispondiElimina
  4. I do agree with Flavia and Paola, would you please send them to me also?
    Thanks a lot

    Anna Leonetti

    RispondiElimina
  5. Hi everybody! I agree with you, I also wold like to have the Presentation. I have one question: do you all recieve the mail from Dr Gialdroni asking for help? Personally, I think it's phishing, but if somebody verifys that she really needs help let me know!
    Flavia Famà

    RispondiElimina
  6. Hi Flavia...I also received the mail...
    I think it's phishing, too...
    Do you know something more about this question?
    Thanks a lot,

    Flavia Mancini

    RispondiElimina
  7. No, unfortunately I don't. I've tried to call the room 232 but nobody answers... if somebody is in the university, try to meet the Prof. Conte in his room and ask for more details.
    Let me know!
    Flavia Famà

    RispondiElimina
  8. Dear Paola, ho can you show your picture? I've tried several times but it doesn't appear...!
    Thanks
    Flavia Famà

    RispondiElimina
  9. Hi Flavia...Well up above on your left there is written "entra", you have to go there and complete your personal sheet on the blogspot site. Let me know if you can show yours.
    PS you need a gmail account to do it.

    RispondiElimina
  10. I found Dr Gialdroni's mail too. I think it's a little bit strange and I've sent a mail to Professor Conte.

    RispondiElimina
  11. Message to Flavia: up above on your RIGHT. I am really sorry.

    RispondiElimina
  12. Don't worry. That mail wasn't by Dr Gialdroni, but was a notorious nigerian scam, as you can read here: http://tomarketconsult.com/2010/02/how-stupid-are-people/

    Massimo Marini

    RispondiElimina
  13. You're right,Massimo, I've just seen the link! Tell dr Gialdroni what has happened with her e-mail! Dear Paola, thanks for your explaination, I've clicked on "Entra" and I've created a blogger profile... I hope you meant this.. so let's see if my picture appears.... :D

    RispondiElimina
  14. Hi there! Thank you very much for your concern. Yesterday was a nightmare: people were calling me from all over Europe to ask me if I was all right. In any case, I am not in Scotland (but I am planing a trip to find out who was the genius that tried to steal my identity), I was not robbed and today I will be present at our class. It seems now also to me a very stupid case of phishing but it could be possible that I was in Scotland. What was impossible was that I would ask ALL the people I know to send me 1500 euros! As you can immagine I have some problems now with my email account and I have to create a new one. That means that during this week our contacts will be reduced. See you later!

    RispondiElimina